This Policy applies to customer and other third party personal information (referred to as “you” and “your”), rather than the personal information of our employees or independent contractors. We have a separate policy that deals with employee and independent contractor personal information.
Your privacy is important to us, we respect your personal privacy and are committed to maintaining your trust and confidence in the way we collect, store, use and share your personal information. This Policy sets out how we collect, store, use and share your personal information, and how we comply with our obligations under the Privacy Act 2020.
Personal information includes any information that can identify you as an individual. You have the choice not to provide us with your personal information (other than as required by law). However, this may result in us being unable to provide you with some or all of our goods and/or services or may substantially reduce the level of service we are able to provide to you, and/or reduce the areas of our website that you will be able to access.
What personal information do we collect?
We collect personal information as part of our ordinary business operations, including the provision of goods and/or services to you. Personal information that we collect from you may include:
- information that helps us confirm your identity such as your full name, date of birth, address verification, passport and/or birth certificate;
- your contact information including your residential address, postal address, email address, telephone number;
- unique identifiers such as IRD number and passport number;
- social media handles, passwords and usernames;
- financial information and records such as your income, credit history, bank statements, payment information and other financial information that may help us consider whether you meet our or third party credit requirements when applying for an account with us or providing a guarantee;
- billing, payment and direct debit information;
- purchase and order history;
- cookies (as explained below), computer and/or network IP address, and website usage information; and
- documents supporting your trade references and business records.
When do we collect personal information from you?
We collect personal information from you when you interact with us, or we interact with you. The personal information we collect will depend on the nature and purpose of your interaction with us. We will generally collect your personal information when you:
- contact us, whether via our website, telephone, text message, email and/or post,
- enquire about our goods and/or services;
- submit an application for a fuel card or an application for any other services we provide;
- purchase goods and/or services from us;
- submit an application for credit to us;
- agree to do business with us;
- visit any website we operate;
- participate in competitions and promotions which may be available from time to time;
- sign up to our mailing lists; and
- engage with our social media platforms.
By providing us with your personal information you are consenting to us collecting your personal information and using it in accordance with this Policy and applicable law.
Why do we collect your personal information?
We collect personal information where it is necessary to respond to your request, provide the goods or services you have requested, to develop our business and better understand your preferences or to otherwise manage your interaction with us. When we obtain your personal information, we will only use that personal information for the purpose for which it is collected, as set out in this Policy or as permitted by law. Generally, we will collect and use your personal information for the following purposes:
- receiving and responding to your enquiries in relation to our goods and/or services;
- receiving and processing your requests for us to provide goods and/or services to you, contacting you in relation to the goods and/or services you have requested, and providing those requested goods and/or services;
- to allow us to perform a contract we have with you;
- to act on your requests;
- marketing our goods and/or services to you, including contacting you by phone, text message, post or email;
- helping us to identify other goods and services that might be beneficial to you;
- for our general business processes, management and the improvement of our goods and/or services;
- allowing you to participate in competitions and promotions which may be available from time to time;
- enforcing our agreements with you that relate to our goods and/or services;
- for any other purpose for which the personal information was collected; and
- where our trusted partners have provided us with your information, to provide our goods, services, software, platforms or processes to that trusted partner.
Do we collect personal information from third parties?
In most instances we will collect personal information directly from you. However, given the nature of the goods and/or services we provide, it will not always be possible to collect all personal information directly from you.
We will only collect personal information about you from third parties as set out in this Policy, where it is reasonably necessary in the circumstances, where we are obtaining such personal information from a publicly available source, or where you have provided your express or implied consent. Examples of where we collect personal information about you from third parties include:
- publicly available sources, such as the companies office, motor vehicle register or personal property securities register;
- credit referencing and/or reporting agencies;
- your trade references or other referees;
- regulators, government authorities, Courts or the Police;
- our insurers; and
- our trusted partners that use our software, platforms or processes, including where we are alerted to instances of fraudulent or potentially fraudulent activity relating to you.
Do we disclose your information to third parties?
In the course of using your personal information, we may disclose your personal information to third parties. We will only share personal information with third parties where we are permitted under this Policy, where you have specifically authorised us to do so or in accordance with our legal obligations. For example, we may share your personal information with:
- third parties that help us deliver our goods and/or services;
- our Group Companies;
- IT and data storage providers;
- security providers;
- payment providers;
- credit referencing and reporting agencies;
- debt collection and credit reporting agencies;
- any person or entity whom you have permitted us to disclose the information to;
- regulatory or government bodies such as the police;
- any person or entity whom we are permitted to do so under law; and
our trusted partners, including where we are alerted to instances of fraudulent or potentially fraudulent activity involving your identity.
At times, cookies may be used to help us serve you better. A cookie is a small element of data sent by a website to your browser, which may then be stored on your hard drive so we can recognise you when you return. You may set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie and, if you wish, to reject it, or clear cookies by using your browsers options.
Web beacons, also known as clear gif technology, or action tags, assist in delivering the cookie. This technology tells us how many visitors clicked on key elements (such as links or graphics) on our website. We do not use this technology to access your personal information. It is a tool we use to compile aggregated statistics about the website’s usage. We may share this tracking information with third parties.
Where you register with us to receive marketing and communications via email, text message or by post your name and contact details will be added to our marketing database. You consent to receiving messages from us by email, text message or post. If you decide that you no longer wish to receive marketing material from us you can elect to unsubscribe by selecting the option in the email or by emailing us at [email protected], replying ‘STOP” to any text message or by contacting us directly by telephone or post.
Links to other websites
How do we protect and store your information?
We are committed to keeping the personal information you provide to us safe against loss, unauthorised access, unauthorised modification and unauthorised disclosure. We will not retain your personal information for longer than necessary or longer than required by law.
We have implemented a variety of security measures in relation to the protection of personal information.
Where we voluntarily provide your information to third parties in accordance with this Policy, we will where reasonable and consistent with the purpose of the disclosure of that information, require that third party to take reasonable steps to protect your personal information. If a third party is located outside of New Zealand we shall ensure that such entities are subject to similar levels of privacy protection as New Zealand.
What is your right to access your personal information?
You are entitled to ask whether we hold any personal information about you, access any personal information that we hold about you and to request the correction of any personal information held by us.
If you wish to access or correct personal information held by us, then please contact our privacy officer as below.
We reserve the right to change this Policy from time to time as we see appropriate. In the event we do amend this Policy, we will post the revised version on our website and use reasonable endeavours to draw your attention to the amended policy. The most recent version of this Policy will apply.
How to get in touch with us
Your privacy is important to us, if you have a general privacy enquiry or complaint about a privacy breach then please contact our Privacy Officer here.
Don’t just take it from us, let our customers do the talking!
“I first met with NZ Fuel Cards in 2006. They listened to me, thought about us as a customer, and we were immediately on the same page. 14 years later and around 20 plus vehicles across the South Island, I could not be happier. Good honest professional advice with great reporting, what more could a business owner wish for.”
“Thank you so much Lisa and Chantel for your assistance but more importantly your communication which was nothing less than outstanding. NZ fuel cards should be very proud of you; especially with your efficiency and making the customer feel relaxed, very well informed with awesome communication. Thank you again.”
Managing Director, Unique Realty, Palmerston North
“I want to say your company is amazing. Your service is top notch. I have been a satisfied client of yours since Nov 2022. Very professional to deal with the whole time.”
“Flying Kiwi has been a client of NZ Fuel Cards for the past several years, over this time with their assistance we have been able to save tens of thousands of dollars in our operation through the ability to access volume discounts.”